Why did you click on this site?

Probably it's because you are curious about the content, you personally knew the author or just hanging out with your PC on and you accidentally got to this part of the web.


Nevertheless...

Welcome to Mau's Trap!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Why are people so afraid to get out of their Comfort Zone?

I am thinking of the answer for the above question after I learned my new task at work. Basically, this new task requires a lot of patience, being organized and careful before doing anything. But what excites me the most is that I don't have any training and background on this very problematic assignment. What I have right now is the fear of failing to accomplish what I have to do but then again at the end of the day, I have to step out of my comfort zone and help myself to get through this.

Almost everyone in our Team doesn't want to be put on that task, and then there was me...Ironically, it's very much ok with me because my knowledge with the full process will be much broader now. I already know the complex part, so please let me go back to the basics and learn new things now (even if it means new fear of failing which is not an option for me and the team).

That's exactly why people are so afraid to runaway from their Comfort Zones. We don't want to fail that's why we tend to be monotonous, but hey! change is the only constant aspect in this world. We may all be subject for diffiulties before we could cope up with the transition, but time will fly and soon you'll notice that you will become a master of what you are fering to do then.

To step outside our comfort zone, we must experiment with new and different behaviours, and then experience the new and different responses that then occur within our environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers